20111226

"Man Seeks God: My Flirtations With the Divine."

 12/26/11 PBS Newshour - Ray Suarez interviews former NPR journalist, Eric Weiner about his book: "Man Seeks God: My Flirtations With the Divine."

"I always thought that religious people were somehow more narrow-minded or not as expansive in their world view as secularists. And I have totally changed my mind about that." ~Weiner



Religious conversation in the US seems totally polarized but in reality, there is a great tolerance for religious diversity. Weiner pointed to one survey that found about half of Americans think: "All religions are equally true and good"

He also noted that "G.K. Chesterton said the test of a good religion is whether we can make fun of it. And I think there's something to that." I agree.

Often when working in Science with individuals, I have found that at the extremity of a challenge, at its point of unbelievable absurdity is the hem of Truth that sets free - the erroneous belief is corrected and wholeness demonstrated. Some might call it a "paradigm shift" while others would call it healing.

.:.

No comments: